MAREK GOALS AND VALUES
The year 2011 will be another chapter in the recession that has plagued our nation’s economy for the past three years. Like its predecessor, 2010, this year will be filled with challenges.
In sports, true champions are measured by their ability to prevail despite the circumstances. The business world is no different. At the Marek Family of Companies, we have always regarded ourselves as champions, with more than 70 years of not only existence but success, growth, and leadership in our industry. Whether we are in fact true champions will be challenged this year to the likes we have not seen in 30 years.
The standard we want to be judged by when this year is finished is not whether we endured at any and all cost, but whether we succeeded by not wavering from the values and principles that have always been a part of the Marek difference.
The Marek Family of Companies
Statement of Values
We believe finding and keeping good people is just as important to our Companies’ profits and growth as finding and keeping good customers. Our commitment to providing you a good place to work is based on the principles of our founders:
- We value people. Each team member will be given the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
- We value integrity. Doing the job right the first time is essential. We insist on quick response and quality results because these are the things our customers deserve.
- We value safety. Our management is dedicated to providing you a safe working environment. We expect you to be equally dedicated to working safely.
- We value profit. Making a fair profit on good work is the only way we can continue to provide growth and opportunity to the Marek Family of employees.
- We value our customers. Customers, too, are part of our family and we insist they be treated honestly and ethically. They are our life’s blood, both today and tomorrow.
- We value sharing. We recognize our community has needs, too. By sharing profits with our employees and sharing resources with our community, we contribute to a better future for all.
- We value competition. Competition is the fuel that drives us to deliver excellence. By always striving to be the best, we all become winners.
The Marek Family of Companies has stood by these principles since 1938. They are our pledge to you-- our promise to every employee who shares our values.
Marek Family of Companies Goals for 2010
- Make A Profit
- Impress the Customer
- Make This a Better Place to Work
- Commitment to Safety