John L., Bill, & Ralph Marek founded the Marek Family of Companies with a strong commitment to its employees and their families. The Marek brothers' tradition of developing and nurturing its employees provides a unique opportunity for individuals looking for a career in the construction industry. For that reason, the Marek Scholarship was established.
Rules and Requirements
- Applicant must enroll in a college, university, or post-secondary institution during the Fall semester of 2018. Current high school seniors and college students are eligible.
- Applicant must be an employee or a dependent of an employee of a Marek member firm. (Preference MAY be given to those pursuing a construction related degree and if you will be first generation college graduate in your immediate family.)
- The applicant is responsible for insuring the all of the following items are received by the Marek Scholarship Committee prior to May 11, 2018:
- Completed four-page original application form
- Two letters of reference
- Official high school and/or college transcripts
- Essay from applicant titled: Why I Should Receive the Marek Scholarship
- The number and dollar amount of awards will be determined by the Scholarship Committee. The minimum award will be $1,000 and the maximum could be $10,000.
- The applications will be reviewed by the Marek Scholarship Committee. The committee will consider each applicant's interest in construction, grades, extracurricular activities, employment experience, and financial need.
- Some restrictions may be made on the use of the funds.
- All scholarship recipients will be notified on or before April 29, 2016. Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon receipt of proof of enrollment.
- For application forms, click here to download.
- You can also call Yesenia Aguilar at 713-681-2626 x3196 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Send completed application packet to:
Attn: Yesenia Aguilar
2115 Judiway Dr.
Houston, Texas 77018
|2018 Marek Scholarship Application.pdf||723.52 KB|