MAREK Dallas recently attended and was the networking sponsor for the 2020 AIA (American Institute of Architects) TEXO Economic Update held at Edison’s in Dallas.
Anirban Basu, Chairman and CEO of Sage Policy Group presented a national economic overview for 2020. Mike Rosa, Senior Vice President of the Dallas Regional Chamber’s economic development program, led a local economic discussion followed by a Q&A.
The presentations by Mr. Basu and Mr. Rosa were excellent, and the event had a great turnout of architects, designers, contractors and associates. We are honored to help sponsor and look forward to many more great years to come.
The following information captured during the presentations we found to be worth a share:
- One of the largest U.S. metropolitan population growth areas with DFW ranked #1
- Over 40 cities in Texas have 100,000+ population; DFW has 15 cities in the metroplex
- DFW Suburbs have a population of over 5 million
- In 2019, Texas ranked #1 in national job growth with 344,000 jobs
- DFW produced 37% with nearly 130K jobs
- #4 – Houston
- #6 – Austin
- Why is Texas so desirable?
- No State Income Tax
- Right to Work State
- Ranked by CEO’s as Top State for Business
- Low Workers Compensation Costs
- Centrally located in the US for One Day Access
- Why is DFW so desirable?
- Diverse economy with various types of industries
- Higher education including Texas A&M, SMU, TCU, UNT, DCCC, TCCC and others
- Two Major Airports for public transportation / Love Field and DFW International Airport
- Affordable housing and business climate
- Construction Starts in 2019
- DFW was #2 in nation behind NYC
- #3 – Houston
- #6 – Atlanta